242 Squadron Forum Index 242 Squadron
242 (Virtual) Squadron

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4.0 Ki-61 Cockpit....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    242 Squadron Forum Index -> IL-2 HSFX Mod Forum - Public Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billfish

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: 4.0 Ki-61 Cockpit.... Reply with quote

Hi All;

Is there any way I can change back the Ki-61 cockpit to the stock sim supplied one? To be frank what it is in the mod patch I find very incorrect, and being this is the primary aircraft I'd fly I'd like to see it right.

K2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one?

K2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

What is wrong with the Ki-61?
Billfish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding Mary Wink (and yes I get it):

The cockpit color alone is very incorrect (still needing to get past that to check other changed aspects).....Yet earlier versions would of been in the color (translucent blue) we see in the stock sim, and once they finally shifted to a khaki color (which Kawasaki took a while to do this), it most deffinitely was not the intense marigold color we see in the mod.

When this was discussed before, the example cited by the maker I believe showed the interior and floor of a relic. Quite simply the color they were pushing was nothing more the rust from steel parts that had seeped to the deck leaving that vibrant yellow orange color..........Think about it, why would any aircraft manufacturer paint an interior to be so bright and distracting? It's not some hippie bus.

Below you'll find an ACTUAL example of an area absolutly protected from the elements....Even this would be slightly incorrect as once exposed to UV, air and so on the color would change even more, dulling up and lightening and darkening due to exposure.

Think about it.....Does this:

Look like this?

Even using grayscales it can be easily determined from non-relic photos that it is not so bright.

In any case........If everyone else wants to fly about in a baby poop yellow Tony, fine have at it.........

I personally just want to revert it back to the original sim color which is very accurate for much of the Ki-61-I Ko-Hei production.

K2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Got to admit that I took a double take on the interior colour scheme when I first saw the new colour scheme of the Tony's cabin and Billfish is the foremost expert on Hiens. Is it possible to quickly revert back to the original interior scheme before release of the new patch or some other work around that doesn't cause too much fuss?

Regards,

Warg
AKD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toned down color and error fixes can be found here:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1419.0.html

Won't get you back to blue, but why give up all the improvements just for the color?
Billfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the effort AKD, yet yours is what I have in the patch (which is much nicer then the screenshot above so was not a fair comparision), yet sadly is still off quite a bit from the actual paint used.

However, in that I now have the cockpit seperate I'll just alter the files accordingly........Appreciate all the work and effort as I said, yet for this aircraft I'm a stickler for accuracy.

Thanks again,

K2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    242 Squadron Forum Index -> IL-2 HSFX Mod Forum - Public Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: